US to BVI to US Travel During Covid-19 Restrictions
Updated October 1st, 2021
There are some complicated steps and processes in order to vacation in the BI during times of Covid and to comply not only with the BVI entry protocols, but also those for the USVI.
Here are the major points entering the BVI and returning to the USVI with Dolphin Water Taxi.
- ALL guests over 17 years of age must be vaccinated, tested 5-days in advance of travel, and be tested upon arrival at the port of entry with a 20-min rapid-test.
- Unvaccinated children between 4 and 17 must be tested on arrival and only in Road Town (west end does not carry the different test)
- Everyone must complete the USVI entry portal with Neg Covid test results 2-5 days prior to travel
- All guests must bring with them a copy of their vaccination record and their 5-day test for BVI entry, and the QR Green code for entry to the STT bag claim area after landing. 3 pages
- Guests landing in STT before 2pm should complete this BVI personal datalink for testing at West end, westend.bvi.care/ (this can be done same day of travel.. no uploads to do)
- Guests with landings after 2pm should complete the same form but for a Road Town entry, rtferry.bvi.care/
- Prior to returning to the USVI from the BVI, guests must individually get a Neg test within 48 hours of the return and then complete the USVI entry portal a 2nd time. We recommend the BinaxNow tele-med test kits be brought with you.
Rest assured, your Dolphin staff will be there to assist along the way: By phone, text, and email in advance of your travel.
We will meet arriving guests at the STT bag claim area to help connect with the Dolphin cab to meet the boat in Red Hook or our cab will collect you at your St Thomas hotel to start the trip.
BOOK ROUND TRIP TRAVEL WITH US
Arrival by air is $249pp to Beef Island airport in Tortola by our air charter service waiting for you after STT bag collection (only an 18min flight).
Arrival by water taxi is $169pp to any Tortola charter dock (approx 90mins from the STT airport).
Whether by air or by sea, we do have a 5 guest min fare base. Often, we can combine smaller groups together so all enjoy the same per person pricing.
And for those who want to do some sightseeing we offer a "Fly-In, water taxi out" service (click here).
Customs/Passport/taxes and processing fees are $65pp for entry and $45pp returning.
The BVI will charge $50pp for the rapid-test at the entry customs stop. We wait the 20mins for test results and then continue on with you to your dock.
$10pp cash environmental fee is collected by the BVI just after entry clearance.
For door to door round trip travel with us, simply complete the easy online booking form here - BVI Reservations Form
3 STEPS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL TRAVEL...
This form can be completed as soon as practical after the reservations form.
The return form asks the vessel name, vessel #, and passenger #. You may use "Madala", 00111D, and 1A for each passenger
1 STEP PRIOR TO RETURN TRAVEL...
Electronic displays on Cell phones or PDAs are sufficient to display QR code to US customs as long as the docs match the passports.